Chango in the News: Search Retargeting to Conquest Competitor's Customers
According to Chango's new “Search Retargeting Barometer, Q3 2012,” search Retargeting’ is the fastest growing form of retargeting and is used for acquisition, prospecting and competitor conquesting, not just winning back lost visitors. To demystify the concept of Search retargeting, Chango clients featured in the report represent industries as diverse as retail, financial services, travel, auto, education and B2B.
The findings have shown that:
- 93.9% of respondents use traditional display advertising
- 93.5% of brands and agencies that run Search retargeting campaigns also run site retargeting campaigns
- 63.6% of respondents use Search Retargeting to conquest customers from competitors
- 37.9% of respondents cited a “lack of budget/time” as a challenge to implementing Search retargeting
- 66.7% of respondents revealed that they fund Search retargeting from their traditional display campaigns
- 65.6% of the brands in the survey said that they typically work directly with the vendor for their retargeting campaigns
- 65.6% of brands and agencies responded that they intend to increase their Search Retargeting budgets in the next six months
Site retargeting, which is designed to optimize an existing audience, remains the most common approach to retargeting. Those unfamiliar with retargeting often mistakenly assume the term is synonymous with site retargeting. But the differences between the various types of retargeting are significant. Unlike site retargeting, Search Retargeting gives brands and agencies the power to acquire new customers. Email Retargeting is based on the action of an individual opening an email; Social Retargeting on the interconnectivity between individuals; Creative Retargeting on the action of engaging with an ad unit.