Platform: Overview page
The Chango Data Network is the second largest source of search engine data after Google. We built it to provide highly targeted, data-driven advertising solutions to some of the world’s top brands and agencies.
How do we collect reliable data on such a massive scale?
We anonymously gather intent data across thousands of publishers and compensate our Data Network partners for sharing this valuable resource. It’s a win/win relationship: We retain the integrity of the data we collect, and our partners enjoy a new revenue stream that monetizes their existing SEO, SEM traffic, and their on-site search activity.
How it Works
By placing an invisible ad in the footer of your site, we can collect anonymous behavioral data about your audience. We then use this data to serve ad impressions to users once they have left your site. You collect CPM revenue for providing the data, even if you decide not to supply or buy ad inventory from us.
- We drop an invisible 1×1 pixel ad on your site.
- We analyze anonymous user data via the pixel.
- You collect revenue for providing the data.
Why Partner with Chango?
As a member of the IAB and NAI, Chango is serious about protecting the privacy of users. All our data is anonymously collected.
Learn about your audience, understand who they are, discover their relative value to advertisers.
More CPM Revenue, Fewer Ads
We pay out dynamic CPM-based revenue whether or not you supply or buy ad inventory from us. Plus, you can conveniently track your payouts from our dashboard.
- Simple setup
- Tag-container ready
- Accelerated by Akamai
- Monthly payments
- Robust dashboard
How to JoinSign Up!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much revenue can I make?
Chango utilizes your data in the most efficient way and pays the fairest prices. Where others have been known to inflate earnings to lock you in, Chango strives to work with our publisher partners for the long term and provide maximum value.
Publishers are paid monthly on a CPM basis based on the usage of the data you supply. The earnings are a combination of the volume and quality of the data provided. Some of our publishers earn more than $50,000 / month and of course we also have some earning less than $100 / month. Keep in mind that no additional ads are placed on your site—so this is incremental revenue without adding to the clutter of your site. It is extremely hard to predict your exact revenue potential, so we recommend a 90-day trial where you evaluate the revenue potential. 90 days is important as it allows our algorithms enough time to score and evaluate your data.
- What information do you capture?
- Chango only captures search data—we do not capture or store personally identifiable information.
- Can you capture data for all geographical areas?
- Yes. We primarily monetize data coming from U.S., Canada and UK visitors coming to your web site.
- Does my website qualify?
Yes. As long as you comply with the following provisions and obligations:
- the website content does not infringe the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, trademark, naming or publicity rights or may cause offense;
- members may not add, manage, and monetize any websites related to pornography, children, kids under the age of 13, illegal gambling, offensive, inappropriate, profane, infringing, indecent, or unlawful content;
- the website is not the subject of any legal disputes or proceedings challenging your right to use the website; and
- the website generates over 50,000 visitors from the US, Canada or UK.
- I am a toolbar or a widget. Can I sell my data?
- Yes. We can collect search data from toolbars and widgets.
- Do I need to let users know their data is collected?
- Yes. Chango is a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). By joining the Chango data network, you will make efforts to place notice on the privacy section of their site that data is being captured. Please refer to the Terms of Service (TOS).
- How do you track revenue generated using data parters?
- Every search term we capture from a data partner, as well as all impressions served based on that data is tagged with your account and channel ID. All revenue is connected back to the impression.
- When do I get paid?
- Payments will be mailed by check within 45 days after the end of each calendar month. You'll need to meet minimum earning criteria on a given month. If you don't we'll roll your earnings over to the next month.
- What cookies do you set?
- Chango may drop a chango.com cookie for the purposes of later identifying the user. The cookie will not contain any personally identifiable information. Chango will also drop cookies on behalf of the ad exchanges we work with, including Google, FBX, Admeld, Pubmatic, Rubicon, AppNexus, and others.
</body>tag. This ensures that our code is loaded last on the page and all other items on the page will load and be displayed to the user prior to our code loading. Please make sure that the tag is installed at the top level of the HTML. It should not be installed within an iframe. If you require advanced integration, please contact the Chango engineering team. If you are a toolbar or widget, please contact-us for special instructions.
- In order for the code to work effectively, you’re not allowed to make any changes to it beyond passing the optional parameters specified above. Changes to the code will likely result in transmission of invalid data. If you require advanced integration support, you must do so with the cooperation of the Chango engineering team.
- Can I exit the program at any time?
- You can terminate this Agreement with 30 days advance notice. Notice should be sent by recorded mail to the attention of Chango Inc, 488 Wellington St. West, Suite 202, Toronto, Canada M5V 1E3.